We believe it is the duty of all civilized beings to find appropriate methods for
constructively resolving conflict.
The art of aikido is one such method, and we are therefore committed to the
transmission of its practice and principles.
Our purpose is to offer educational programs, infrastructure for research and
development, and to extend the role of aikido in general society.
We promote the idea that the sovereignty of each individual is the basis for
- To promote the idea that human well-being is more enhanced by
cooperation and strategic alliance than by competition and conflict
- To train capable instructors and professionals in the field of aikido
- To enable our students to become exemplary practitioners and qualified
emissaries of aiki principles
- To participate in outreach activities
- To establish networks with other groups and agencies who share similar
- To create a "think tank" environment for exploring improved methods of
interaction between individuals and groups
- To deploy consultants to assist in business, security, health and mental health,
educational, and legislative professions.
We are therefore engaged in the ongoing effort to integrate:
Mind and Body
Feeling, Thought, and Action
Individual and Society
Humanity with Ecology.